If you get that dirty old motor scooter out of the way, you might have room for more Altecs! ;)
Printable View
If you get that dirty old motor scooter out of the way, you might have room for more Altecs! ;)
Dos magnificanos...
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/hbmc...2013/06/37.jpg
Now I'm just waiting for the &*% $#@* binding posts and maybe I'll get a chance to listen to them.
Nice job--they look great! Do you know (approx.) what frequency the cabs are tuned to with the reduced port size and reduced internal cabinet volume (from all of the added bracing)?
In general, I think tube type ports don't have the right look for A7s, but in this case the bakelite/phenolic looks great against the grey.
Not a clue. There's the bracing as well as added padding. I'm going on faith.
And thanks, I like 'em. Amazing what a coat of paint did. All the little scratches, chip and dings are still there, but even close up they don't disturb the look. Now if they were gloss black it might be different.
Kind of brings old meaning to the term home theater.
- - - Updated - - -
Agreed and agreed. I'm going to polish up the insides of the tubes to bring out the color.
I think the round on the bottom and the round of the 515s kinda works. The A7 has such an iconic look that almost anything other than that huge vent down there looks awkward.
Maybe I'll paint the 515 surrounds phenolic red to match:cool::rolleyes:
or you could paint the inside of the tube and the front of the panel flat black. so it all looks the same. and then glue a peice of cloth to it so it looks like it did. and no one will know.
Throw some fabric over them and no one will notice. Tune them for near field and love them.